Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Web

"There should be at least a room, or some corner where no one will find you and disturb you or notice you.  You should be able to untether yourself from the word and set yourself free, loosing all the fine strings and strands of tension that bind you, by sight, by sound, by thought, to the presence of others."
                                       --Thomas Merton

I blog because I have a nagging sense of self-importance.  Then again my entire generation does between blogs, facebook, twitter, and the myriad of other social networking sites available to us, we are probably the most self-aware (read self-obsessed) generation yet to come.  

Thomas Merton, though part of the patriarchy, was right.  I need to find a place to be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment